The Community Food Connection of Blount County is a nonprofit, volunteer organization dedicated to reducing food insecurity for citizens in Blount County and helping individuals and families improve their quality of life.
Donate to the CFC
Established in 1991, Community Food Connection (CFC) of Blount County was born when a group of churches, concerned citizens and the Blount County Ecumenical Action Council decided to pool the resources of numerous food pantries in order to better ensure those in need received food. Committed to feeding the hungry in our community, our purpose is to provide emergency food to any Blount County resident in need. Every person who comes and asks will be given food – no one will ever be turned away. We provide a cart of groceries to each family that asks for assistance. Currently, families are welcome to come whenever they find themselves in need. With more than 6,000 people needing assistance each month, the CFC relies on both food and monetary donations to keep the shelves stocked. These donations come from individuals, businesses and organizations. In addition, CFC is staffed entirely by volunteers. As the number of families needing assistance grows, so does CFC’s continued need of support. We continually are seeking volunteers to help stock our shelves and fill food sacks. Please consider offering your help to this important initiative.
• Christian-based. We are a Christian-based organization.
• Respect for diversity. We recognize and accept that all individuals, whether client or volunteer, are unique and different.
• Integrity. We are respectful of everyone and demonstrate integrity in all situations.
• Empowerment. We offer non-judgmental compassion for others while empowering them to maximize their potential.
• Accountability. We are dedicated to being fully accountable and responsible to each other, the community, clients, volunteers and donors.
• Collaboration. We collaborate with all available community resources to offer the best possible solutions to client needs.
• Teamwork. We strive to improve teamwork so that we might reach our mission.
Board of Directors
Picture Coming Soon
Picture Coming Soon
Community Food Connection offers free groceries to Blount County residents.
What to bring to Community Food Connection in order to shop:
Due to Covid-19 we are currently serving drive-by pick up only. Any resident of Blount County who is in need may use our food pantry. Simply follow the parking lot signs to our side door. Please wear a mask and turn off your vehicle when it is your turn.
You will be asked three questions:
1. How many are in your family?
2. How many adults are over 65?
3. How many children are under 18?
Currently, identification is not necessary. You are welcome to come whenever you find yourself in need. You may also pick up food for other families who cannot drive to the food pantry themselves.
CFC is staffed entirely by volunteers, and we can use your help!
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please fill out the form below.
Community Food Connection of Blount County
311 Whitecrest Drive
Maryville, TN 37801
Phone: (865) 977-4400